2016 Polaris Industries 550 INDY® 144
Duluth Lawn & Sport
550 INDY® 144
no electric start, has reverse, mirrors,wideclyde windshield.
- PRO-RIDE™ Chassis: The INDY® is built on the proven PRO-RIDE™ Chassis that is 300% stiffer for precise, intuitive handling. The ideal choice for a nimble handling sled that’s fun to ride.
- Race-Proven Front Suspension: Lighter steering, sharper cornering. Developed in conjunction with the Polaris Racing program. Its performance and durability were proven in extensive on- and off-track testing.
- Coil-Over Rear Suspension: Designed for better flotation and deep snow performance with improved on-trail ride. By eliminating the torsion springs and redesigning the torque arms, this skid weighs substantially less.
- 550 Fan Engine: Proven, dependable two-stroke engine with NiCaSil-lined cylinders provides trail cruising power in a lightweight package.
- CVTech Powerbloc 50/Invance Clutching: All INDY® models powered by the Polaris 550 fan-cooled engine use the new CVTech Powerbloc 50 drive clutch paired with the Invance driven clutch. This clutching delivers smooth engagement, enhanced low-speed drivability and quieter operation. These durable clutches have a maintenance-free design and are easy to tune while installed on the sled.
- Lighter Weight: The 550 INDY® 144 is 50 lbs. lighter with the PRO-RIDE™ chassis.
- INDY® PRO-RIDE™ Seat: A wider surface right where a rider plants for seated riding provides enhanced comfort during long days on the snow, and the seat design allows easy transition between seated and standing positions.
- Handlebar & Steering Post Angle: INDY® 550 design - 15 degree flatter steering post angle developed for sitdown and standup riding comfort and flexibility.
- Fuel Capacity (gal./L): 11.5 / 43.5
- Overall Height (in./cm): 48 / 122
- Overall Width (in./cm): 48 / 122
- Ski Center Distance (in./cm): 42.5 / 108
- Estimated Dry Weight (lb./kg): 429 / 194.5
- Overall Length (in./cm): 124 / 315
Engine & Drivetrain
- Disc Brake Type: RMK® Hydraulic
- Drive System Type: Chaincase
- Drive/Driven Clutch: CVTech PowerBloc50 / Invance
- Exhaust: Single
- Fuel System: 2 - VM34
- Ignition: Digital CDI
- Engine Type/Cooling: Polaris® / Fan
- Cylinders-Displacement (cc): 2 - 544
- Bore x Stroke (mm): 73 x 65
- Front Shocks: RydeFX® MPV
- Front Suspension: PRO-RIDE®
- Front Track Shock: RydeFX® MPV
- Front Travel (in./cm): 7.1 / 18
- Rear Suspension: INDY®
- Rear Track Shock: RydeFX® MPV
- Rear Travel (in./cm): 14.1 / 35.8
- Ski Type: PRO-STEER
- Track Width/Length/Height (in.): 15 x 144 x 1.35 Cobra
- 12v Outlet: Accessory
- Color / Graphics: Blue / White
- Electric Start: Option / Accessory
- Fuel Gauge: Mechanical
- Hand & Thumb Warmers: Std. Adjustable
- Handlebar Hooks: Accessory
- Mirrors: Accessory
- Rear Rack / Tow Hitch: Accessory
- Reverse: PERC®
- Seat Support with Luggage: Accessory
- Seat Type: INDY® PRO-RIDE®
- Speedometer: Analog
- Steering: Fixed - 3.5 in. (89 mm)
- Tachometer: Digital MFD
- Temp/Low Oil Light: Low Oil indicator
- Windshield: Mid, Clear
NOTES:Professional rider on a closed course. Polaris recommends that all snowmobile riders take a training course. Do not attempt maneuvers beyond your capability. Always wear a helmet and other safety apparel. Never drink and ride.
- Engine Type
- 544 cc
- Bore x Stroke
- 73 x 65 mm
- Engine Cooling
- 2 - VM34
- Digital CDI
- Brake Type
- RMK® Hydraulic
- Drive Clutch
- CVTech PowerBloc50
- Driven Clutch
- Front Suspension
- Suspension: PRO-RIDE®; Shocks: RydeFX® MPV
- Front Travel
- 7.1 in. (18 cm)
- Rear Suspension
- Suspension: INDY®; Shocks: RydeFX® MPV
- Rear Travel
- 14.1 in. (35.8 cm)
- Ski Type
- Ski Stance
- 42.5 in. (108 cm)
- Track Type
- Track Dimensions
- 15 x 144 x 1.35 in.
- Digital MFD
- Fuel Capacity
- 11.5 gal. (43.5 L)
- Dry Weight
- 429 lb. (194.5 kg)
- Mid, Clear
- Blue / White
- Electric Start
- Option / Accessory
- Hand & Thumb Warmers
- Std. Adjustable